Sunday, January 23, 2011

Some Kitchen Pictures....

So you saw some before shots of the kitchen and dining room. Here are some in the middle shots.





This is in the dining room along the wall.



We went with Quartz counter tops over granite. Granite being a porous stone needs to be sealed every year. Granite, if not sealed properly every year can hold a ton of bacteria, and make you really sick. You may have heard about people getting salmonella poisoning from their counters. (we had granite in our last house, and I hated sealing it every year) Also, some sealers are not heat proof, so it can scorch and granite can also stain. Quartz on the other hand, is guaranteed for life. Never scratches, stains, burns, and you never, ever have to seal it! Yay! Another added bonus (especially for a germaphobe like me) it is antimicrobial! I went with gray on the island, and a white on the counters along the walls. But quartz comes in a ton of colors! Not just all the natural stone colors, but also blue, green, orange, yellow....you get the idea. And I love my farmhouse sink! It is huge! I can rinse a whole turkey in there with room to spare! My floors are a pergo. It is a hardwood product also guaranteed for life. It also doesn't scratch (well not very easily). It is durable like a laminate, but real wood. It is beautiful.

More pics later, I promise!

Loves & Later!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Becky said...

The kitchen looks great Kay. I love all the light colors.

Jocelyn said...

Ohhhh.. looks amazing!! Love the dark floors with the light kitchen. Love it.

Holly Rice said...

Looks great! I can your personality shining right through.