I have been such a slacker with my blog! Things are just getting busier and I guess you will be lucky if I post once every few months, but lets not get our hopes up. Realistically lets say twice a year. If we are all aware of how low my expectations are, then anything above that will just be a delightful surprise!
Our Ward had the most ADORABLE Tea Party for all the women from 0-100! It was a mother daughter Tea Party, but it included aunts, sisters, nieces, friends, etc.... The whole idea was to dress up in your best Tea Party outfit (the works, hat, gloves, boas, dresses...) and there was a "fashion" show that showcased the different hats women wear. (Chauffeur, maid, nurse, student, Daughter of God - Princess, etc...) It was so much fun! The decorations were amazing, but anything less would not have been realistic with the Relief Society Presidency we have. There were miniature treats, and cute mini cupcakes with toothpick flowers for name cards. There were strings of pearls, etiquette instructions, and cake shaped take-out boxes to carry home leftovers.



I made Eden's dress. It was her Easter dress, and I just modified the skirt part to bustle in the back to make it more victorian. She was dressed to the nines and I ringlet curled her hair. She won best dressed child award and won a beautiful pink pearl necklace! So cute! Even though with all the attention all night she did not even smile once or say thank you. Good thing it wasn't an etiquette contest!
We brought our own tea cups to drink from. I brought our demi cup set. They are pretty with purple and yellow roses, and a nice scalloped lip. They had hot chocolate with whip cream and chocolate sprinkles, and a yummy sparkling raspberry lemonade (soooo good). I am shocked Eden sat well, and was polite and got her own drinks and food. If she had smiled, it would have been even better!
It was so much fun! I guess they do it every March. I can't wait for next year! I am going to invest in a nice hat for me if they are doing this every year!
Loves & Later!
Our Ward had the most ADORABLE Tea Party for all the women from 0-100! It was a mother daughter Tea Party, but it included aunts, sisters, nieces, friends, etc.... The whole idea was to dress up in your best Tea Party outfit (the works, hat, gloves, boas, dresses...) and there was a "fashion" show that showcased the different hats women wear. (Chauffeur, maid, nurse, student, Daughter of God - Princess, etc...) It was so much fun! The decorations were amazing, but anything less would not have been realistic with the Relief Society Presidency we have. There were miniature treats, and cute mini cupcakes with toothpick flowers for name cards. There were strings of pearls, etiquette instructions, and cake shaped take-out boxes to carry home leftovers.




I made Eden's dress. It was her Easter dress, and I just modified the skirt part to bustle in the back to make it more victorian. She was dressed to the nines and I ringlet curled her hair. She won best dressed child award and won a beautiful pink pearl necklace! So cute! Even though with all the attention all night she did not even smile once or say thank you. Good thing it wasn't an etiquette contest!
We brought our own tea cups to drink from. I brought our demi cup set. They are pretty with purple and yellow roses, and a nice scalloped lip. They had hot chocolate with whip cream and chocolate sprinkles, and a yummy sparkling raspberry lemonade (soooo good). I am shocked Eden sat well, and was polite and got her own drinks and food. If she had smiled, it would have been even better!Loves & Later!
3 comments:
What a fun night and how sweet to include the girls! Eden looks adorable!
Eden's dress is amazing.... good work!! She looked really cute. Great decorations... what a fun party idea.
So glad I have been blessed to meet you! You are amazing and Edens dress IS georgous!!! I wish I had that talent!!
Post a Comment