Well, first off, all our prayers and thoughts were with my sister and her family as they survived through yet another hurricane. Ike hit Texas, and they were prepared for evacuation. The power outages caused there to be not much contact, but we found out they are well.
Church was cancelled so the Priesthood leaders could help each other out and those that really needed help. So Max went and helped neighbours, while Naomi stayed with the kids, and is expecting another baby in a few months. But they fared much better than some neighbors who had trees fall on their homes, and fences ripped apart. She did say there is literally NO food at the stores, and NO water. I am so grateful Brad is all about food storage and being prepared! My friend Holly and her family are there too....waiting to see if they are OK.Eden is in Ballet. I LOVE it! I have to admit that as much as I don't love the drama of having a girl, I love having a girl that does girly things! What is with that? Love that she is in ballet and is having so much fun!
We spent some time at the Hogle Zoo today with daddy, and cousins. How fun! We had some fun checking out a rare White Alligator on loan from another zoo for a little while longer. In comparison to Calgary Zoo, Hogle has white Rhinos, penguins, and large alligators, oh and a fun carousel the kids rode on that have different animals than the usual horse carousels.
We had a great time at daddy's work BBQ Friday night, and met some great people, including Becky. She is married to Mark who served his mission with Brad! What a coincidence, and now they both work for the church. It is a small world. It was so wonderful to talk about adoption with her, as they adopted their little angel almost two years ago. She is beautiful.
Our thoughts and prayers are with my father-in-law still as he recovers from his quadruple bypass surgery. We are so grateful that he is young and healthy and able to be in good overall health for recovery. That is a blessing.
I do have pictures of our house coming, I will post those in the next few days I promise.
Loves & Later!
2 comments:
Ah! I miss you - not that we got to hang out a lot but it was nice knowing you were there as we drove through central Alberta! Glad to see you are still getting to the zoo...it's been over 16 years now since I was last at the Hogle Zoo. Eden looks more than adorable in that first ballet photo. How fun it that? Keep loving life and having great adventures in Utah.
So does having two kids really make you that much busier? Sounds like you've just been going like crazy!
I can't wait until M is old enough to start ballet. Eden looks adorable in her little leotard and tights and it seems like she is having a great time with it!
Post a Comment