Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday

Well, it's me again (Brad). I'm Hijacking Kay's blog because it's her Birthday today.
If you're reading this, then you at least know Kay and how special she is.

Birthday's are a day for celebration and giving gifts. Material gifts come and go, but the gifts of love, laughs, happiness, service, kindness and so many more that Kay shares with those around her enrich our lives.

I invite each of you to leave a comment, and share something that Kay has done to add to your life. This would be a small gift of appreciation that we all could give to Kay.

Kay is my friend, my companion, my example. I love you Kay. Happy Birthday.

Here's a short video of Kay from some old home movies for you to enjoy!


16 comments:

Holly Rice said...

Happy Birthday Kay, I hope this day is extra special for you. I am so grateful that the Lord put you in my path, your friendship has been such a blessing in my life. You are such a great example and a strong women of faith. Love ya,
Holly

Unknown said...

Kay! It's your birthday! Happy day to you! I must be excited because of all the exclamations!!! haha!

Kay you are an awesome woman and an amazing friend and confidant. You mean the world to me.

You have always been there with sound advice and a good shoulder whenever I've needed them. And you make me feel good because you always laugh at my jokes. For that I am eternally grateful! Thank you so much! My life is fuller because you are in it.

I wish you were closer so we could go gallivanting all over the city trying to find a restaurant to eat at and then go to a movie more often, but I know you're where you should be. It just gives me an excuse to travel!

You rock Westside! (GB) LOL. Happy Birthday! I hope your day is the best one so far!

Love you!

D

Jen Harbour said...

Kay - your husband is so awesome to have hijacked your email and blog - I didn't even know you had a blog!

Happy birthday my friend - I sure miss you!! It seems like forever since we have seen you!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday and after reading your blog, life seems to be pretty sweet for you!!

Jen Harbour

Richard Hoover said...

Kay, your smile and laughter are contagious! You even laugh at my weird sense of humor! :-)

Happy Birthday!

Family said...

Happy Birthday Kay!!! Hey we are the same age for a couple of weeks!! ha ha

Thanks for being a great friend and example!
Stace
:)

Becky said...

Happy birthday Kay!! We hope you had a great day!

Mika Olguin said...

It appears that I am the first sister to comment. I guess we all know what that means. Despite my six kids, 2 rabbits and 1 dog, I have beat my son to the computer to reply and wish you a happy birthday. Kay, I agree with Brad that you are very special. Haha. Life without you would be very boring, you are like one of the two little sisters I always wanted. I am very blessed to have you for a sister. I wish you were still up here to hang out, I really miss you.

Happy Birthday!

LYLAS

Mika

DaVeeda West said...

Hope you have had a wonderful day Kay. It was great to have a long visit today. I enjoyed that. I loved seeing the pictures of your family and you as a little girl. So cute and I could tell it was you. So cute waving bye bye. I appreciate your concern for me and how you care for your kids and Brad and others that you help in many ways. You are a giving person and devoted in many good ways. Thanks for all of that. I am glad to you are part of my life. I miss not having you closer and being able to visit oftener. I hope it is a great year for you. Hope we make it down so was can catch up with all you have been doing. Love you and have a super and fun year. Love, Mom

MMasters said...

Happy Birthday Kay! I hope you had a fantastic day with your family! I wish we were still next door so I could say this in person... hopefully soon, we can come down for a visit!

Love you guys,

The Masters

shauna said...

Happy Birthday Kay! Hope you had a wonderful day. My favourite memory of you (and Brad) is when you came over and helped us bottle pears one September. I also enjoyed scrapbooking with you and just visiting. I'm so glad I was introduced to you and Brad (thanks D.) and that we ended up in the same ward in Edmonton and that we've been able to keep in touch via blogging.

Love Shauna

Stephanie Durand said...

Happy Birthday Lady!!! Do you know that you were the first to talk to me when I was knew to the ward and the first to invite me over. That in itself made a huge impression on me. You are so caring, outgoing, thoughtful and just a great friend to have. I am sad that you are far away now but am glad that we still keep connected through the internet. I hope that you have a great birthday and an awesome year!!!!

OCD said...

Hahahaha, so I am not a blogger, and since I tried to comment this morning but failed miserably, or maybe I did manage to comment, I have no idea. But I will rewrite the gist of my original comment. I am a day late and a dollar short. But not everything's a competition, I would like to point out that I was the first to wish Kay a happy birthday, oh other than Brad and the kids because I was probably still asleep when they wished you hb. Your birthdays always make me jealous. Not only do I get crappy birthdays now, but I always had something wonky happen when we were growing up...need I remind you of the time you guys forgot my bday and then pretended like the next day was my birthday instead. Anyways, hope you had a wonderful day! I love your cork board, I might do something like that one of these days, although I was thinking making photo magnets and putting them on a magnet board instead...show me yours when you make one ;) Have a great weekend!

jensher said...

Kay, happy birthday! How are you guys doing in Utah? I will always remember Dana opening your mailbox to say "hi tay", and the best thing ever when you took her when I was in labour with megan (and then cleaning my house and cooking dinner!) You guys are great friends and we miss you. Doug mostly misses your cooking.
jen sherwood

jensher said...

hey kay, happy birthday! How are you guys doing in utah? We miss seeing you and doug misses your cooking. my favorite memories are when dana would open your mailbox and say "hi tay", and also when you took dana when i was in labour with megan. You cleaned the house and made a meal, it was so nice. Next time we are in utah we will look you up.
jen sherwood

no said...

Kay, hope you had a good one! You're a great sister and a good example to me. I forgot how cute you were as a kid.

Naomi

Beck said...

Kay,
I'm so glad that I met you at the boys' work party (Mark tells me there's another one this Friday, so maybe we can sit and chat for a while while the men chase the kids around). You've been an inspiration to me and a kindred spirit in so many ways. I hope your birthday was better than you hoped and that this year brings you even more unexpected joy!

Love,
Beck