Last year I chose to Pause. To pause when my children need me, to pause and listen to them, to pause and read to them, to pause and give myself time for spiritual growth, to pause and take time to exercise, to pause before I put the (insert probably large number here) helping of dessert or other unhealthy food into my mouth, to pause and thank my husband for all he does, to pause and remember what is most important in life. I think amid all the crazy and busy times of last year I was able to accomplish that.
This year, I had a Relief Society lesson on being involved. Included in that was this quote from Nelson Mandela "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a Child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Isn't that great!?!? Why wouldn't you want your child to feel like this? What will your child learn from you if you don't take the time to let your light shine and work for them?
My word for this year is succeed. (definition on the right of my blog) Mainly on #3. To accomplish what is attempted or intended. I will not just try this year, but I will go forward with the intent to succeed in all I set out to do.
I am blessed to be surrounded by people who, to me, have succeeded. (you can check out some of their blogs on my links)
My sister Hannah, who is seriously the most crafty, talented individual I have ever met. She can look at something, recreate it in her mind, draw it, and make it. If she doesn't have paper, she would take a piece of wood and make her own.
Holly (miss you!) works so hard for her family, and even fostered for years! She inspires me with her success in weight loss and being healthy.
Shauna who is seriously so smart, and talented. She is a sewing woman, and if she doesn't have a book (or several) published in a few years, it won't be too long after....
Cheryl, Brad's cousin, serious talent people! Check out her blogs! She can create things I would never even think of! I will have to blog some pics of all she has done....check her out!
Beck, a friend I met recently. She is such a fantastic mother. She is someone I instantly was able to talk to and she has no idea what kind of influence she has had on me. Nice to know I am not alone.
Of course, my husband, Brad. Talk about a success in my books. Comes home from work and spends time with the kids, plays, reads, bathes, and puts them to bed every night. Washes my floor, does laundry, makes dinner, does anything and everything he can just to see me smile. Follows the Spirit in all things and was led to a wonderful job, and a great place to raise our family.
I am surrounded by people who, because they have let their light shine in my life, have inspired me to succeed at all I do this year. Thank you!
Loves & Later!
PS - there are so many more, all of my sisters, my parents, in-laws, friends...
This year, I had a Relief Society lesson on being involved. Included in that was this quote from Nelson Mandela "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a Child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Isn't that great!?!? Why wouldn't you want your child to feel like this? What will your child learn from you if you don't take the time to let your light shine and work for them?
My word for this year is succeed. (definition on the right of my blog) Mainly on #3. To accomplish what is attempted or intended. I will not just try this year, but I will go forward with the intent to succeed in all I set out to do.
I am blessed to be surrounded by people who, to me, have succeeded. (you can check out some of their blogs on my links)
My sister Hannah, who is seriously the most crafty, talented individual I have ever met. She can look at something, recreate it in her mind, draw it, and make it. If she doesn't have paper, she would take a piece of wood and make her own.
Holly (miss you!) works so hard for her family, and even fostered for years! She inspires me with her success in weight loss and being healthy.
Shauna who is seriously so smart, and talented. She is a sewing woman, and if she doesn't have a book (or several) published in a few years, it won't be too long after....
Cheryl, Brad's cousin, serious talent people! Check out her blogs! She can create things I would never even think of! I will have to blog some pics of all she has done....check her out!
Beck, a friend I met recently. She is such a fantastic mother. She is someone I instantly was able to talk to and she has no idea what kind of influence she has had on me. Nice to know I am not alone.
Of course, my husband, Brad. Talk about a success in my books. Comes home from work and spends time with the kids, plays, reads, bathes, and puts them to bed every night. Washes my floor, does laundry, makes dinner, does anything and everything he can just to see me smile. Follows the Spirit in all things and was led to a wonderful job, and a great place to raise our family.
I am surrounded by people who, because they have let their light shine in my life, have inspired me to succeed at all I do this year. Thank you!
Loves & Later!
PS - there are so many more, all of my sisters, my parents, in-laws, friends...
5 comments:
SO nice of you to include me, although I don't feel like I am a fantastic mother (as Mimi sits watching TV in the other room while I type this!) :)
I'm glad I met you, too! Its so nice to know that you're not alone in the infertility/adoption world, which is why I reach out to others in our situation.
I'm glad I met you, too, and your resolve to succeed has inspired me!
Succeed! I love your word Kay and I love the quote at the top of this post. It really is so true isn't it? I think more often than not we are setting ourselves up to fail because we are so afraid of what we really could be. I know you will go far this year in your quest to succeed. I love you and treasure your friendship.
Thanks for making me cry! LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU TOO. You inspire me to let my light shine more this year, I'm so grateful for your friendship and example.
You are such a sweetheart Kay, thanks so much for your kind remarks. I think I will make that my motto this year as well. You are very inspiring to me as well, with your organization and neatness. You go girl. :)
Ummm, where am I? A little footnote at the bottom?
Post a Comment