Monday, January 12, 2009

My Son on Staying Outside

Last week, Brad took the kids to play outside again. Isaac had so much fun he didn't want to come inside. So Brad came in by himself (Eden had come in earlier, she was cold). Brad came in and closed the door behind him. I looked outside and saw Isaac sitting there and talked to him. This was our conversation:

Mom: "Aren't you coming inside?"
Isaac: "Well dad and I talked about it, and we decided that I could stay outside."
Mom: "Oh, so you are going to stay outside forever?"
Isaac: "No, not forever, just for today."
Mom: "I see, aren't you hungry? I made sausage."
Isaac: "Not now."
Mom: "Don't you think I will miss you?"
Isaac: "Well, I will come inside tomorrow."
Mom: "Hmmm, I think it will get cold, maybe you should come inside before it gets too dark and cold."
Isaac: "OK, but just for a minute."
Glad to have my family snug and warm in our home!
What are your kids up to today?!

Loves & Later!

1 comment:

shauna said...

So cute!! That's how my kids are (they go in spurts and thankfully only one at a time). The winter snow is just SO MUCH FUN!!