Monday, May 16, 2011

Motherhood Matters...

On Friday the local news station here filmed their first ever live studio audience with a program called Motherhood Matters. I believe it was a week long event, but only Friday was a live studio audience. I wanted to go so bad. I had thought about surprising my friends with tickets and that we would all go together. It never happened. Then Lisa Bearnson (Founder of Creating keepsakes Magazine, Author of countless books, and mother and scrapbooking queen) had a last minute contest on her blog to attend this event WITH her, and meet the one and only Becky higgins! This was the only time where if I were to win, it was going to be this contest. It was only run for the day, you had to live in Utah, and be able to drop everything to go the next morning. The time was right in between when I would normally drop my kids at school and then pick them up, so timing was perfect. It was the one day I wasn't volunteering in their classes, so I could easily put off laundry and cleaning for one day. So I entered, won, and went with Lisa and met Becky!
(wow these are some seriously unflattering photos of me!)

It was fun to see a live show being filmed and all the work that goes into it, and it was surreal to meet these ladies who I have admired for so, so many years and finally got to meet them in person, and now Lisa has invited me and two other ladies that were there with us to go to dinner and theater together!

All in all it was wonderful. Oh, and the event? I guess I should mention that! It was so nice to finally have Motherhood recognized so publicly like that and it wasn't Church sponsored. It was nice to see that Motherhood does matter to a lot of women out there that are not of my faith that hold it as a sacred responsibility and calling. It was nice to be reminded of the little things that I can do to re-motivate and re-inspire me in this divine calling that I have been blessed with.

Love all of you mothers out there that inspire me everyday!

Loves & Later!

4 comments:

Holly Rice said...

That is so awesome. Glad it was you who got to go. You are a great Mom!

Schramm Family said...

You are a great mom and totally deserved to win!! Yeah!!!

Jocelyn said...

Glad you got to go Kay. You deserve it!!

Beck said...

Lucky! Glad you got to go after all!