this is what I was hoping to be able to do when I moved here. However, things just get more and more complicated, busy, stressful. It's all self-inflicted, I know, just hard to stop. I went to a Young Women's meeting the other night (yes, I am back in YW's) and the spiritual thought was along the lines of Love the Lord, and love the girls, the rest is just "fluff".
In my life I want to love the Lord, my family, and myself. All the rest is just fluff. If I don't love the Lord, then what? If my family doesn't know I love them, then what? If they don't know I love the Lord, then what? If I don't love myself, then what?
To me, the most important things in life are the gospel, and my family so why complicate things?
Our Stake goals last year were three-fold: 1) read your scriptures daily, 2) pray daily, and 3) have weekly FHE. We accomplished these goals, and in the process, I began to re-evaluate things. I am going to re-evaluate everything in my life, and simplify back to the basics.
Loves & Later
In my life I want to love the Lord, my family, and myself. All the rest is just fluff. If I don't love the Lord, then what? If my family doesn't know I love them, then what? If they don't know I love the Lord, then what? If I don't love myself, then what?
To me, the most important things in life are the gospel, and my family so why complicate things?
Our Stake goals last year were three-fold: 1) read your scriptures daily, 2) pray daily, and 3) have weekly FHE. We accomplished these goals, and in the process, I began to re-evaluate things. I am going to re-evaluate everything in my life, and simplify back to the basics.
Loves & Later
No comments:
Post a Comment