Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy December!

Well, it is so weird to have it be December already when we just finished Thanksgiving here! We had a fantastic time together as a family!

Thursday (officially the Turkey day) we spent some time around the house, and playing with the dog. (Yep, no jackets still...)

It was great, Brad got the basement all ready for the "Christmas Surprise" Santa is giving the kids this year. Black Friday we passed up the deals (everyday is a deal down here) and we spent the day at the Hogle Zoo (of course)

and then went to "This is the Place" Monument

That was such a nice way to spend Thanksgiving. By remembering and being grateful for the legacy the Pioneers left us. Now we are here, and able to be blessed because of it. It was a good day.

We were trying to find a Red Lobster to eat at afterwards, because Isaac learned in school about the Pilgrims and the food they ate when they first arrived in America. They ate Lobster, but we couldn't find one that was supposed to be close to our house, so we ended up at Chuck E' Cheeses.

Fun for the kids, so it was a perfect end to our day.

Saturday, we had a lazy morning, and then headed to the Watabe Family dinner. I forgot my camera! AND NO TURKEY! It was ham..... oh well. I am sure my mom will make me Turkey for Christmas. I was just grateful not to have to cook! The kids had fun running around, and we had a nice visit with people we don't know. :)

Kids are off to school today, and I am busy getting the house cleaned up so that I can get ready for Christmas decorations, and getting our cards mailed out! I hope you all have a great first week of December!


Loves & Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice weekend you had with so many lovely memories made!! The pics were just great and the kids are growing. We are excited to see you. XOXOX Mom

MMasters said...

i can't believe how much the kids have grown! and it's only been 5 months! And hey, when did you get a dog?

OCD said...

So cute! I thought you loved ham!? You could have come here, I made a Butterball stuffed turkey breast. (nice free advertising they just got, i should get a free turkey breast out of it!) Thanks for making me a blogger...actually you can't take all the credit, it was a hockey fundraiser necessity! Get bidding so I don't have to fundraise anymore, or get some of your people up here to...I'll email them a code if they're not a bunch of wackjobs!
lylas!